Indo German Alkaloids, the parent company of the
INGA Group, was established in 1958 by Dr. Abraham Patani on completion
of his Doctoral studies in Phytochemistry from the University of
The company began its manufacturing activities in phytochemicals
and fine chemicals.
As a pioneer in alkaloid research, the group commenced cultivation
of plants required for the isolation of active principles at its
plantations in northern, southern and western India in 1966.
With a vision to be one of the leading players in the niche phytochemical
segments, Inga Laboratories P. Ltd. was established in 1974 for
the manufacture of finished dosage forms.
Inga re-inforced its commitment to research in 1979 by instituting
Dr. Patani Scientific and Industrial Research (PSIR), a non-profit
To cater to the increased demand for its brands in the international
markets, Inga Pharmaceuticals was incorporated in 1983 with its
offices located at London and Singapore.